Trade Signs

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Punkae, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Punkae

Punkae Moody goth, artist, writer, insomniac Staff Member [______________________]

Trade signs are the primary way players can gain virtual currency ($) or items without requiring buyer and seller to be online or in the same location at the same time. Trade signs can be used to trade items for items, items for money, and vice versa.

As the seller, you will create your sign like so:

Line 1: [Trade]
    Line 2: What I want
    Line 3: What I am giving/selling
    Line 4: LEAVE THIS BLANK

[​IMG]

--------------------
    Some Examples:
    --------------------

I want to buy 1 diamond for 32 Iron Ingots each, and I am loading 64 iron ingots into the sign at the time I make it. It's important to load something into the sign in order to successfully create a working trade sign.
    [​IMG]
    (Note: The underscore after the 64 is just my cursor from typing. Do not put underscores after the number on that line.)

When the sign is placed, providing I had 64 iron ingots in my inventory to fill the sign, it will make a sign that looks like this:
    [​IMG]

------

Next, I want to sell my diamonds for $200 each. The way I format my sign is like this.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, I've loaded exactly 1 diamond into the sign at the time I made it.

My sign will look like this when I finish placing it.
    [​IMG]

------

Last, I'm going to buy emeralds for $300 each. I have $900 I want to load into the sign to pay for emeralds others can sell me. I will format my sign like this.
    [​IMG]

What my sign looks like when I'm done.
    [​IMG]

----

To collect your stored profits from people using your trade sign, just right click it with an empty hand. To load more of what you're selling into it, right click the sign with whatever you're selling.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019