PvP Rules

Discussion in 'Rules/Help' started by Punkae, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Punkae

Punkae Moody goth, artist, writer, insomniac Staff Member [______________________]

These are the basic rules pertaining to PvP!

If you have engaged or intend to engage in PVP:

You May Not:

• Compass or use Enderpearls to Teleport away if your opponent is still present
    • You may not use Town Spawns for raid or PvP access!
    • Battle Log
    • Send or accept a /tpa or /tpahere with the intention to use it to kill the summoned, set them up for a trap, or summon them somewhere in order to let another player kill them, unless the player you are summoning knows this and agrees to it in chat (screenshot it for proof later).
    • Use /back to return later on, after a fight to in any way gain access to anything that isn’t yours. (Past 5 minutes, you should not be using /back at all.)
    • Set your mark on any land that isn’t yours or that you aren’t added to purposefully in order to return somewhere fast.
    • Camp another player(s)
    • Use Netherportals to access land you couldn't otherwise.
    • You may not use a Knockback/Punch greater than 3 in PvP. PvE is fine.
    You May:

• Log out, unless you are in another player's territory
    • Summon a friend to help you defend yourself or launch an attack on an enemy
    • Accept a /tpahere request to get away
    • Use /home
    • Run Away

If you did not engage or do not intend to engage in PvP:

You may Not:

• Battle log
    • Use /back to return later on, after a fight to in any way gain access to anything that isn’t yours. (Past 5 minutes, you should not be using /back at all.)
    • Set your mark on any land that isn’t yours or that you aren’t added to purposefully in order to return somewhere fast.
    • Camp another player(s)
    • Use Netherportals to access land you couldn't otherwise unless YOU ARE ADDED TO THE LAND or the owner has said (screenshotted) that you are allowed to do so.

You may:
    • Log out, unless you are in another player's territory
    • Use /disposal, unless you are in another player's territory
    • Send a /tpahere or /tpa request
    • Accept a /tpahere request
    • Use /home
    • Run Away
    • Compass or use Enderpearls to teleport away.
    *Battle loggingis the act of logging out while engaged in PvP only to return -- using the log out/log in action to gain an advantage (may include temporary invulnerability) over the other person/people engaged. This is illegal and will be dealt with as such.

*Illegal Town Spawning is the act of using /town spawn {name} to access a town for raid, pvp, or scouting. You are not allowed to do this under any circumstance!

*Camping is defined as loitering in someone else’s area long after you have determined that there is currently no legal way in, in order to intimidate or irritate them, wait for them to accidentally let you in, or pressure them to leave or logout. If you can’t get in and they ask you to go away, just do it. Waiting around someone’s home, land, build site, town, etc. for over 10 minutes will get you in trouble if you’ve been asked to go away. Likewise, loitering for short periods of time and returning excessively to “avoid” camping will also get you in trouble just the same. When trying to determine whether or not you are camping, keep in mind the golden rule: Don’t be a jerk. If you are being a jerk, you are likely camping, and you should leave before you get banned.

*Also, Any form of hacking, glitching, or other cheating is not allowed and will get you banned.
  2. zference

zference Bettercraft OG

Scenario:

Some badass and some half-a-badass are in an empty, unclaimed, far-the-fuck-away field. Some badass (that's me) kills half-a-badass(that's dayren) and suffer a great deal of armor damage and potion use during the fight. Can I steal the half-a-badass's stuff, /warp home, put it away, repair and recuperate, then use /back to return to where I was?
  3. Dayren_Teh_Pwner

Dayren_Teh_Pwner SwagCity

He called me Half-a-badass. Im screen saving this ;).
  4. Whizzba

Whizzba [Ahri's]

Idea:

Add a limit in the new world or something where PVP rules do not exist (maybe not rule at all) like... on international waters

:P
  5. zference

zference Bettercraft OG

i love you

love you so hard
  6. Putasce

Putasce Retired Supermod

It would depend on what you did when you returned. If you're just using it to get back to a location, then you're using it as intended. But you then wouldn't be allowed to attack Dayren, as if you did you'd be using /back with the intent to PvP.

It's my opinion that "gain access to anything that isn't yours", is mean't to imply something that someone else owns, not that it's just something that you don't own. As open land no-one really owns. But i'll get Cass to clarify and if it is so, perhaps change the wording of it a little so it is 100% clear.
  7. Whizzba

Whizzba [Ahri's]

Uncharted territory :P
  8. Darrington

Darrington ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Former <SuperMod> Staff Member SuperMod

Soooo... with your suggestion... I can compass in and out of PVP in this lawless world? Could be interesting.
  9. zference

zference Bettercraft OG

10. Punkae

Punkae Moody goth, artist, writer, insomniac Staff Member [______________________]

Okay! To clarify. Z. If you have alreadybattled the half-a-badass, using /back to return after him would be using /back to return "after a fight". Once you've left the scene of a fight, you need to warp to that word's spawn and walk back to the player. You have locate. Perks and commands (even the public ones) can't be OP, or the game will be no fun to play.

The lawless land could be interesting. My issue with it is that it would probably be too confusing and burdensome for guests and new members if they don't realize they're there. Unless perhaps we just put a HUGE glass dome around a piece of land out in the wild and worldguard it, making the only way in or out compass or use of a public warp... I could set an enter and leave message. Hrm. *Thinks*
    KiadajTheBeast and DracoVitae like this.
  11. Whizzba

Whizzba [Ahri's]

Make it be really far away. Maybe a portal at spawn. Think of it as international waters where there are not rules (on pvp) and anything (except hacks or mods and that kind of stuff) can be used. Just a clean, vanilla, hardcore legit pvp
  12. zference

zference Bettercraft OG

So the understanding I have is that I can't return to the scene of the killing?

What if I teleport to my ally who was there with me?
    What if I teleport an ally to me, so that I can then port back to them? Nothing in the rules about no tpa's.
  13. Whizzba

Whizzba [Ahri's]

You may not use /tpa /tpahere with the intention to kill others... its at th very beginning
  14. zference

zference Bettercraft OG

Isn't the idea of that rule is that I can't summon Dayren to kill him?

Not that I can't summon Ener to help me kill Dayren?
  15. Whizzba

Whizzba [Ahri's]

16. zference

zference Bettercraft OG

I'm capable of reading the rules, Whizzba. I've broken them often enough.

The rule was always that I can't summon Dayren to kill Dayren. I could however, summon help or backup to kill Dayren. When did summoning help change?
  17. Whizzba

Whizzba [Ahri's]

Thats the troublesome part that Cass needs to review. I r on mah cellphone at school and I'm running out of juice
  18. Whizzba

Whizzba [Ahri's]

Haha its not that you cant read them, but that you are quite right. We need to check the rule. And im slow typing in a cellphone haha
  19. zference

zference Bettercraft OG

Understandable. So much changes and is added, I want to know what I can and can't do.

Right now, doesn't look like I can do much.
  20. Whizzba

Whizzba [Ahri's]

Yeah, I do remember people summoning people in order to fight. Cass may need to review it and add it as needed