I'm on the survival server NOW!

Discussion in 'Main (Survival)' started by WhiskeyCoffee, Dec 11, 2013.

1. WhiskeyCoffee

WhiskeyCoffee Chain Saw Pick Powered

I'm guessing it may just be a test. Completely fresh world map, with no set up at spawn.

I won't get to carried away claiming chunks yet, till Cass gives another update.
  2. WhiskeyCoffee

Well that was fun. I'm not thinking for a second it will be permanent though, not until Cass makes some kind of announcement.

Just for useful info, I had nothing from my old inventory. My enderchest was also empty (stifles a sniff, omg please let it be temporary) I think Darrington said his V chest was still full???

My mmco stats were the same as was my flying and I assume compass perks. I still had the same amount of cash.

I couldn't join the PVP or Build serer... (Java exception etc)

All I did for now was get the hell away from spawn, claimed a single chunk and set a home called 'Temp' and set out 3 double chests.

I'm sure Cass and co are still very busy, ironing out bugs and such. No hurry, but I goto admit, I was so excited when I managed to log on.

The excitement builds again :)
  3. Darrington

Darrington ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) <SuperMod> Staff Member SuperMod

yup.. As I mentioned to Whiskey.. don't build or mine anything you don't want to loose as this may not be the final world... Cass will announce when the world is ready to populate.
  4. Punkae

Punkae Professional Freelance Tea Addict Staff Member [______________________]

Yep, even with adding the backup on the server, I can't seem to restore the inventories... yet... >.<

I'm still trying. You're welcome to derp around for a bit on the server in 1.7. There is no spawn in that world, as I accidentally woopsied and cleared the world I pasted the spawn in. -sigh- It's only about ...8 hours of work I lost... but not that hard to get back, just time consuming and annoying.

I'm still trying things out and working out bugs. By the way, the old world IS save and IS backed up, so don't worry about that. If there's any issue with having it on any of our servers due to world size or anything, I'll just offer it as a world download for you all, so you can have your pretty stuff forever.

Again, still working on things. You are welcome to go play in 1.7, but there is no gurantee that you'll keep items you get or that the world that's there will be the main world in a few days' time. Also I may pull the server down randomly to work on it, and it may stay down whilst I work on it. Just be forewarned that what is there is NOT the new long-term set up yet.

I apologize for the delay. I ran into unexpected issues when working on stuff and have also been quite busy with my own other stuff. Hope to have things running smoothly for you all soon, so we can minecraft together! :<3red:

And yes, when I'm done sorting out the issues or best effort, I'll be upgrading us to 1.7.4 for the update. It shouldn't break anything more than what 1.7.2 breaks and only requires switching out a few files. :-p

:member: Member
    WhiskeyCoffee and KiadajTheBeast like this.
  5. masterw3

masterw3 Moderator Staff Member SuperMod

logged in.. I see a forest.. newb gear in inventory, sorry Shon, it's all gone.
    maybe we need to build CRASHED ships..
    if you log in, your stuff will most likely be NOT in your inventory.
    not sure if that is already gone, or if it is an on log in thing, I do not know.

my ship apparently crashed, and I crawled out alive at least.
    time to get to work I suppose
  6. Punkae

Again, this isn't the permanent new world... there isn't any spawn or spawn protection. Play to derp around if you like, but I wouldn't invest serious time in supplies and such because I'll be implementing the correct new world soon.
    WhiskeyCoffee likes this.
  7. masterw3

actually, there is spawn protection.. and newb pvp protection.
    I found plenty of random claims as well.. found no builds yet.
    plenty of badies trying to EAT me though..
    so I need to gather wood to fix my ship, and continue sailing the skies.
    trying not to get eaten in the meantime.
    hopefully i'll find my luggage before I sail off again, but when you crash an airship, things really go flying.

(note)
    this is the fun part, when you are vulnerable to monsters, you are not a god, you are a puny mortal.
    I am typing out my experiences, so that others may know what to expect when they join.
    kinda putting a storylike touch to it as well.
    so I can fit this experience into my imaginary journal
    energester likes this.
  8. WhiskeyCoffee

I agree Masters,

I got poisoned by a witch! Well at least I think it was. It looked like a villager but it was all alone on the side of a mountain. I went up to say hello, check out if it was trading, then sure enough, it threw a bottle at me.

Took me down to half a yellow heart from full health!
  9. veedubrunner

veedubrunner Super Happy Fun Time Guy

Got killed by a wither skele trying to rush the End with Zam, bye bye diamonds. It was fun though. Sometimes just derping around is the best entertainment, lol.
    Punkae and WhiskeyCoffee like this.
  10. WhiskeyCoffee

Aw, I wish I had been there.

Maybe derping around on a server where you're not bothered about loosing shit/XP has it's advantages.
  11. Punkae

Oh, since it's named "world", it probably recognizes all the old claims... which I will fix... again, this is just a temp thing >.<'
  12. Punkae

Agree! :<3pink:
  13. ZamOfDarkness

ZamOfDarkness Trusted

yea it is fun :D

soo... I been playing minecraft for about 2,5 years now and ALL this time I belived that you would need iron+ to mine redstone, BUT YOU DONT! (mind blown)

Edit: wiki say that you need iron+, But... but... I just mined it with a stone pick? O.o (dubble mindblow)

Edit.2: tested it in singelplayer and i couldnt mine it, guess it has something to do with mcmmo
    Punkae and KiadajTheBeast like this.
  14. masterw3

yes! a witch!.. I got hit by a potion.. and checked the TAB list.. then realized there HAD to be a witch near my hole in the ground..
    sure enuf.. there the little whench was!
    first natural witch I've seen outside of an Witch Egg.

I moved to a new hole..
    scary place this is.
    So glad they fixed witches.
    she's got to have a hut nearby...

the poison will not kill you, but will take you to half a heart.. so if you stub your toe.. ur dead
    KiadajTheBeast and WhiskeyCoffee like this.
  15. masterw3

mining just got more difficult.
    I'm tearing up some stone.. and BAM!
    something like EIGHT Silverfish sprawl after me.
    I barely got my noob ass out of the mess.
    later, I tried again.. did the same thing.. maybe 6 of them?

is this a 1.7.2 thing?
    no fortress or anything.. just plain stone in the ground...
    for newbs this is awfully risky work...
    just saying.. be on your toes.. aim true.. and whackafish
  16. KiadajTheBeast

KiadajTheBeast "The Cool Moderator" and Ruler of Kila Staff Member Moderator

Silverfish are actually bugs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silverfish
  17. ZamOfDarkness

ZamOfDarkness Trusted

I think it is a 1.4 thing :o they are just not extreamly common :P

checked the wiki and they generate rarely in extream hills biome, I guess there is some diffrent now :P
  18. Sairivon

Sairivon Moderator Staff Member Moderator

So "the KRAKEN" attacked me while I was tryin' to fish in the rain.

No idea what the hell was going on, as a bunch of disoriented, inhuman shouts were going off and lightning was constantly hitting me.
    After 15 seconds or so of being zapped, I had apparently slain it.

...Think I'll stay away from water. (or at least inside a home while fishing)
    KiadajTheBeast and Darrington like this.
  19. Sairivon

Sairivon Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Freakin' Kraken attacked me again!

Starts raining out in the ocean area I currently occupy, and I figure I'd go net some fish, yeh?
    Soon as I cast, BOOM! Fuckin' Kraken there messin' up me 'ere fishin' 'ole!
    Managed to stab da li'le prick to death, I did.
    My armor dun jus' 'bout broke, yeh. Don't tink I'll be goin' fishin' again for a while..
    Punkae, Kalanbel and Darrington like this.
  20. Punkae

LOL xD

Oh yeah... I'll get my butt on the update when I wake up again... I've had -sigh- a lot to do lately. Hours of worldediting hasn't been in the schedule, sadly. I will also need to be able to determine whether or not I'll be able to fully restore the old inventories. If not, we'll just have to start anew, minus those who have vchests. What a pain, but we'll make it work one way or another.
    WhiskeyCoffee likes this.