Illegitimate money

Discussion in 'Main (Survival)' started by Punkae, Jul 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DracoVitae

DracoVitae Professional Pony Premod Premod

Do you think this would work in real life?? Wonder if I could *Poof* a stack of fences into money...
    veedubrunner likes this.
  2. veedubrunner

veedubrunner Super Happy Fun Time Guy

i wish, i got a bundle of old fence posts in the garage :)
  3. jaboc187

jaboc187 Member

sooooo before it got changed I sold a shitload of rails by gathering them from mineshafts. I did this because I sold some one day and saw that you got a decent amount of money for them. I also did the same gathering iron fences from strongholds. Now fair enough you can be said to have exploited it if you craft a couple thousand and sell them for massive profits but I don't exactly see how playing the game and gathering a naturally occurring resource and then selling it to the server is exploiting a glitch.
  4. jaboc187

jaboc187 Member

Also this was a mistake in the plugin configuration. I don't see why without making a big fuss people couldn't just have their items returned and the money removed from their accounts, accompanied by fixing the plugin.
  5. Punkae

Punkae Professional Freelance Tea Addict Staff Member [______________________]

An Apology

It seems to me there is a big apology due here. I do not think that those using iron fences or whatever considered that their sell value was an error. While I still want you all to be responsible and tell me when you think something is an error (even if you could profit off of not telling me), I feel like it was wrong of me to be so harsh and rude about it.

To answer Maxx's question, no one got banned because it was on the less noticeable side of glitching, and I'm not a huge meanie. I don't want to be the person who bans people for honest mistakes. While the oopsie in price was obvious to me, I had not fully considered that it might be otherwise for the rest of you.

That being said, I think an explanation and an apology is due here from me. I promise, this is not an excuse or a validation of my actions in any way. I only hope to show you that I am human and am subject to the same faults and errors if judgement as well as swayed opinions based on heated emotions as the rest of our strange, biped race.

Things have not been easy lately, neither real life nor online. I am very excited about getting new people and having more fun, but I did recently have a few falling outs with old friends and such which makes me feel now more than ever, the aloneness of running the minecraft show here. It is kind of a big job from the standpoint of someone who grew up with no particular interest in computers or video games, and sometimes taking care of our big, wild bunch of children and adults is a hefty task.

Due to real life complications including family illness and my home situation, things have been increasingly difficult. I have been angry and irritable more often than not the last few weeks.

However, I know this is no way for an adult to behave. I know this is not the way in which I should be portraying myself here as an adult or leader. I need to be on my best behavior to set a good example for the kiddies, and more importantly even, I need to be pleasant so that we can all get along and have fun. After all, that is what this is all about. I think in my frustrations lately, I kind of let that important idea slide into the shadows.

So on behalf of anyone I was rude to or offended: I am very, truly sorry. I was s horrible grump, mean, and I acted in such a way that was not becoming of a leader.

This being said, I think we need to work together here. We are a team, a family. For those of you who are new, that's just how we do things here. Welcome to the Family. (Now I'm just making us sound like the Mafia. Lol.)

The /sell thing... It's still a glitch if it is giving way more than it should. However, I was wrong to be rude and make a huge fuss over it like I did. I will review the pricings as soon as humanly possible with my difficult and impeding IRL situation. I will make sure to the best of my ability that the prices are good, so no one need worry in the future about silly sell prices. If there are any glitches with it in the future, I would like you to let me know. If there isn't some gross amount if money being rewarded (like $100 for 1 dirt), then money will be drawn, sold items refunded, and prices fixed with no huge issue made of it. If there is some grotesque glitch, I might consider being more stern, but I don't really think it is fair to punish for what is basically my mistake unless it is an obvious enough one to hold people responsible for using and abusing it.

I hope those of you who were offended by my behavior are willing to accept my apology. You are all friends to me, and I don't want my stupid life and stupid emotions to get in the way of friendships that I cherish do much. I feel ashamed and embarrassed for acting like such a petulant child and hope that we can make up in spite of it all.

Much love to you all,
    From the bottom of my heart.

~Cassie
    KiadajTheBeast likes this.
  6. Dragonern3

Dragonern3 Yo, What's up? :P

umm.. i dont want to start this all over again, but i dont think Cass have anything to apology for.

i found something wrong with the system, i abused it and told other about it.. and Cass saw this and ofc she will rage, i understand that...
    and i dont really think it's fair to say Cass raged and all that shit, Cass was a good leader here and tried to punish they who did something wrong. And im so sorry i made all this mess and all this shit against Cass, she just tried to fix something who was wrong and punish they who abused it, and then everyone go against her? and say she was rude? that's bullshit.. she was just doing her freaking job here...

i think we should close this thread, for i dont really see the point of it, if we just fight.

(sorry for my English :rolleyes:)
  7. Punkae

It's okay. Don't apologize for your English. It's good. Haha. There will be some people who agree its s glitch and some who disagree, but the point is either way, I should not be offending anyone when I'm trying to do my job, and that is where I failed here. I'll leave it open until those that need to read my last post have a chance to do so. :)

I'm sure we can discuss it without raging if we all just try to be pleasant. ;)
  8. KiadajTheBeast

KiadajTheBeast "The Cool Moderator" and Ruler of Kila Staff Member Moderator

Your response of the situation cass in terms of posting on here was wonderful. It was exactly what I was hoping you would do... not for myself but because I felt it was necessary. I sincerely hope that things become better for you hun. I support you 100% =3 and just in case no one else says it - you are forgiven lol. Thank you for considering the posts on here.
    Darrington and Punkae like this.
  9. Darrington

Darrington ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) <SuperMod> Staff Member SuperMod

Wut kia said....

And my offer to review the plugin prices still stands. Just PM me the deets. :D
  10. Punkae

Got it. I'll open a doc for us to work on as soon as I get the chance. :)
    Darrington likes this.
  11. energester

energester ๘ĘήĘŗۜﻖёڴτέя๖ت☻ ┌╦ۜ╤─ Staff Member Moderator

If you need any advice on prices let me know.
    Darrington and Punkae like this.
  12. Punkae

I will add you to the doc for price reviewing once I set it up. :3
  13. Darrington

Cass
    Sent ya a PM about another OP (Over Priced) item. :cool:
    jaboc187 likes this.
  14. Punkae

Thank you, inspector Darrington! :3
    jaboc187 likes this.
  15. Darrington

Sairivon pointed out the rather high sell price as he was about to sell a few he'd been holding on to. ;)
  16. SpudasaurusRex43

SpudasaurusRex43 New Member

I've also sold a couple iron fences (I accidentally made about two or three when making iron blocks/doors), but I wasn't aware of the difference in value. I usually just do the sell command and move on with my day. You can take the money from my account, if you'd like. It won't bother me either way.
  17. Punkae

Lol this was fixed a long time ago. I'll lock the thread and archive it, since it's no longer relevant. ;)
    SpudasaurusRex43 and Darrington like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.