Clarification for Cass’s Latest update please?

Discussion in 'Main (Survival)' started by WhiskeyCoffee, Dec 7, 2013.

1. WhiskeyCoffee

WhiskeyCoffee Chain Saw Pick Powered

I can’t get on the server for at least 16 to 20 hours, maybe longer. Real life can be really inconvenient sometimes.
    Anyway, I’m confused – yep, I’m not only the oldest player here, but probably the biggest der brain as well.
    I think Cass has my chests in storage, so no problem there then? (I hope?) But when I log on, will it be onto the old map, with my old inventory.
    Then I go to the new map? The idea being to claim a temporary home, put some chests in it, then empty my inventory into them?
    If so, how do we get to the new map, do we warp to it like we did to disposal?
    Any help and advice from people who have been on the new temporary set up will be greatly appreciated.
    Cass I hope you don’t mind me opening this thread separately to get answers, I’m guessing you’ve got your hands full at the moment :)
    Adwells likes this.
  2. jaboc187

jaboc187 Member

I am also very confused about what is going on... Cass said something about inventories clearing? If I log on now will this happen? Will refraining from logging on help me not to lose the well over 6 mil worth of shit in my inventory?
    Should I be logging on now to sort stuff out? what is going on...
  3. veedubrunner

veedubrunner Super Happy Fun Time Guy

This is what I've gathered from the last couple of updates:

Due to unforseen circumstances, Cass is unable to just pop up a new world and let everyone log in without losing their items. Therefore, she has backed up ALL previous data and will attempt to run the old world and the new simultaneously (like we do with disposal and such), in order to allow people to "migrate" to the new map. Once sufficient time is allowed to move items, she will then make the old world into the creative server as previously debated on.

At least that's what it says to me. Either way, the server will be unavailable until she can get the kinks out. She has other priorities as stated, so sit tight and wait for that alert to pop up saying she has tagged you in the updates thread.

Feel free to expound upon/correct this Cass

<3 VeeDub
    Punkae and WhiskeyCoffee like this.
  4. Punkae

Punkae Professional Freelance Tea Addict Staff Member [______________________]

This is all correct. I'm thinking a 3-5 day window to move your stuff and drop your inventories. Dropping the inventories is important, in case they clear for any reason. I'm working out a fix for that if one is feasible, but if not, that's what we've got. Either way, no one will be losing anything (well, if you made/got anything since 11-29, you may lose a few things), and this is the best way I can see to proceed with the issue. :)

What's taking so long is moving large files back from my PC to the server's machine after I made adjustments to them on my PC. I could zip them, but I was having troubles unpacking files for some reason, so this is just how I need to do it now. The server will be back up *soon*, and we'll all have 1.7 as soon as it's up. <3

Also, I AM quite busy with irl and paid work at the moment, so I will be delayed possibly, but I am trying to devote as much time and do work for the server as efficiently as possible even so. Once the update is situated, things will return to normal. <3

:member: Member
    energester and Darrington like this.
  5. WhiskeyCoffee

Thanks for the explaination VeeDub, I kind of thought it was something like that. I'm still worried about knowing how to warp between old and new maps, but I'm sure the lucky ones onto the server first can come back here and tell us how to do it.

Cass, you're doing a great job so far, there is no rush. I'm sure we all think we would all rather have a more stable server that takes longer to set up, rather than an instant change over to one that has lots of holes and glitches and crashes more often.
    DracoVitae likes this.
  6. DracoVitae

DracoVitae Professional Pony Premod Premod

So wait for the alert so that we can move items from inventory in old world to chest in new world. Got it. Commence le epic wait. Keep up the good work Cass!
    WhiskeyCoffee likes this.
  7. Magiccat13

Magiccat13 Member

Ah. I was wondering why, after six or so months, I couldn't get on the server... XD.

Oh well, I'll probably be on soon... I hope.
    Punkae likes this.
  8. Punkae

Hey hi! Missed you! Hope to see you 'round soon! :)
  9. jaboc187

jaboc187 Member

So is it safe to log on to the server right now...?
  10. WhiskeyCoffee

If you can log on Jaboc, it will be safe. But I reckon Cass is still in the transitional stages. I'm guessing when the sever info changes from 'Another Bungee Server', it will be ready.

Here's another question though. Will we only be able to log on using 1.7.2 ? Or will 1.7.4 be ok ?
  11. veedubrunner

Was wondering this myself. Opened MC a bit ago to see that 1.7.4 is already up. Is this going to cause more delays?
    Cass
  12. DracoVitae

I would guess not. I've been waiting to hear an all clear here on the forums before I log in at all. I'd do the same if I were you just to be safe.
  13. WhiskeyCoffee

Remember with the new launcher you can make a profile that will play the game in 1.7.2 flavour
  14. veedubrunner

By delays i meant the possibility of some plugins needing updates to 1.7.4, and consequently Cass waiting for said updates to launch the new world.

I've been waiting to do anything as well, though i do check the server status daily just in case.
  15. jaboc187

jaboc187 Member

Cass
    Well I am going camping for the next five days... seriously hope I don't miss all this and lose my stuff lel.
  16. Punkae

You probably won't miss anything. I'm unexpectedly busy with irl and personal stuff at the moment. Hope everyone's not mad at me for taking so long to get things done. >.<'
  17. DracoVitae

I'm furious. Rage mage angry. Excuse me while I go chop up a hobo in rage.

LOL Jk.
    WhiskeyCoffee and KiadajTheBeast like this.
  18. Punkae

-cries in a corner-

:XD:
    DracoVitae likes this.