Build a maze!

Discussion in 'Build Competitions' started by Punkae, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Punkae

Punkae Moody goth, artist, writer, insomniac Staff Member [______________________]

:starrainbow: Want to take part in an epic challenge? :starrainbow:

My challenge to you is to get you to build a maze or labyrinth! You may build any kind of maze you like, and you may build it on the creative server! You have until October 28 to finish your mazes, at which the entrees will be judged and a winner chosen!

Once a winner is announced, the winning build will be featured in or near our 1.7 spawn! Hooray! There will be additional prize(s) awarded at the end of the competition that I will leave as a surprise! :meow<3:

Contest Rules:
    • You may work in groups or pairs.
    • You may build your maze on the creative server.
    • You may use any blocks available to you, provided they do not cause massive lag or other problems.
    • Please only submit mazes that took considerable effort to make or that were intricately designed.
    • If you need assistance with special functions in your maze, all you have to do is ask me for help! I will be willing to provide special features in the finished designs. :meowblue: :<3pink:

:member:Member
  2. Psifour

Psifour Trusted

Sounds fun. Hypothetically if my maze required specific functionality to be implemented and I provided everything needed to do so (custom plugin) would it be acceptable? I'm not an architect so I doubt it would win, but I had an idea recently I wanted to try.
  3. Punkae

Punkae Moody goth, artist, writer, insomniac Staff Member [______________________]

Yo, I never said "-snip-". :XD:

Hmm.... this sounds really interesting! If you are willing to work on a custom plugin for your entry, I'd be certainly willing to give it a try if it doesn't change too much about the server's gameplay. (Best way to do this is to allow its functionality to be restricted to certain ideas, possibly hooking WorldGuard.)

Just PM me more specific details so we can discuss! :<3blue:
  4. AlexisMachine

AlexisMachine Trusted

So no vertical tower mazes where the floors explode after a set amount of time? :3
  5. Punkae

Probably not. haha
  6. Dragonern3

Dragonern3 Yo, What's up? :P

7. DracoVitae

DracoVitae Professional Pony Moderator Moderator

Be prepared to see how a real maze is built! *Grabs Block*
    KiadajTheBeast and Punkae like this.
  8. ZamOfDarkness

ZamOfDarkness Trusted

hmm maybe, i actually have a maze (about 3000 x 3000 [no comment] ) but maybe we can create something even more awesome >:D
    Dragonern3 and Punkae like this.
  9. Dregamus

Dregamus Trusted

Lolz... I hate not having internet.... I got bored a few weeks back and made a 300x300, 3 layer labyrinth in single player.....
    Kalanbel and Punkae like this.