B_enjamin

Discussion in 'Ban Threads' started by Darrington, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Darrington

Darrington ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Former <SuperMod> Staff Member SuperMod

Drag.. You are talking in circles. The questions you are asking have already been answered. Just because you don't agree/like the outcome doesn't make it wrong.

You said..

My point with that is.. this have been blown up to a big issue, and 1 active player have been banned.. and i dosen't think that would happend if this was a diffrent house he raieded....

Cass Answered..

This is absolutely, 100% untrue. We treat all bans with equal care and the same process. We treat all players with the same respect and do our duties as staff fairly.
    The fact that it was a town rather than someone's home does not affect how the issue was handled.

You said AGAIN

...im saying this is a big thing because it was Ener & Eden and not a normal player..

. . . . . . . . . . . ..... o_O

How can you say that you respect the player if he gets banned because he didn"t answer the message..

---He raided Eden. The question of legality of his entrance was asked. I <being a neutral 3rd party not allied with Ener/Eden> investigated and even called in players who are considered adept at raiding to test. We could not duplicate the entrance so I reached out to B_en via the forums and asked that he show me or Cass how he legally got into Eden. Gave him 7 days to respond. Last time he was on the forum was.. B_enjamin was last seen: Aug 31, 2013. Three days before my PM. He never responded and was banned. <But he hasn't been on the forums> His choice. We can't force anyone to view the forums. It's like I don't have to pay my electric bill because I never went to the mailbox to get my bill. ---Not gonna work.

If you would respect him, you would belive him

Respecting someone and believing them are not the same. I respect my Father, doesn't mean I am to believe everything he says is Fact.
    The only players on the server who's word is their bond are staff.
    If HK said that he saw <Random_Player> duping blocks then no further proof is needed. If <Random_Player> says that <Hack_Hackerton> was flying to raid. Then staff would investigate. We don't ban or NOT ban on whether or not we believe what a member says.

It's the Raider's responsibility to be able to prove how he got in if the question arises. It's not the staff's responsibility to be able to replicate or prove how the raider entered. I was going above and beyond by doing the testing and research. I could have simply sent the PM and so on.

ask him on server and not ban him first..

That's not how this <or any server I've played> works. Every member knows about the forums and that it is used for Staff to communicate to players and so on.

How would you feel if you were in the victim's shoes? Say your house was raided and you lost all your special stuffs? Is it right for you to have to wait to get your stuff back because the raider hasn't logged into the forums? Or even logged into the game?

In our TS convo you advised that higher latency connections had played a part in the double sword hit and that duplicating the event is impossible with our good connections and nearly impossible with their bad connections. I said that I'll do some research on using KB while lagging. I could not find anything to support that claim. Furthermore, reviewing the server rules does mention lag.

http://phoenixrisen.net/forum/index.php?threads/theft-and-raiding.9/

*"Glitching In" is defined as using any chunk loading glitch, server or client lag glitch, or any other glitch to access something you otherwise could not.

Also deeming the entry as not legal.

<So does this mean we can't use KB to raid?>

If the use of KB DOES NOT requires lag or higher latency to work, then it's legal. In other words. If the only way to KB in is because of your lag, then it's not legal.

Hopefully the above has cleared this up.
    KiadajTheBeast and Punkae like this.
  2. Punkae

Punkae Moody goth, artist, writer, insomniac Staff Member [______________________]

Just throwing it out there, if the lag glitch in this case was an accident, it's not a huge deal. If it were to happen again, I'd be highly suspicious of a user using latency on purpose to an advantage, in which case, it would most definitely be illegal.

Thank you for your post, Darrington . It was well written and really said all that needed to be said. ;)
  3. Dragonern3

Dragonern3 Yo, What's up? :P

That wont happend again.. because we spend maybe 20min trying to get over the wall.. and it worked just once.. And i also explained this to Darrington.. and it's impossible to do it again, and that's why he wont find proof of it. o_O
  4. B_enjamin

B_enjamin New Member

first i didnt read anything in this thread...

but this was a legal raid......... someone (promised him to not say his name, but if cass wana know i can tell her..) knockbacked me inside eden.
    i showed energester already from where... and he removed thise blocks outside eden.

what is this bullshit, ban for no any reason -.-
  5. B_enjamin

B_enjamin New Member

ok.. i see..

im not online as much as before for some reasons.. but when i tried to come online today i saw i got banned.
    energester asked me before that i need to show him from where and how, so i showed ener immidiatly how i came in.

since i got the IP from cass i have NO LAGG at all... there was no glitch or lagg issue..

dragon helped me to get over that wall (after a hour swimming), he went into the water, i was jumping then he hitted me 2-3 times, so i came on the wall.
    we didnt get on the wall the first 100 times.. so because you guys cant get on the wall it was illegal... BULLSHIT.
  6. Punkae

Punkae Moody goth, artist, writer, insomniac Staff Member [______________________]

Hey, pipe down with the cursing.

There are no hard feelings here, and if it was a mistake, it was a mistake. Just show them it's possible, and we'll have an apology written up, remove the ban, and that is that.

Please don't get angry or up in arms. They simply tried your method and couldn't use it, so they weren't sure if you actually used that method to get in. Anyway, just get it sorted. I think this topic is pretty much beaten into the ground. Just show them it's possible, and all will be well.
  7. Dragonern3

Dragonern3 Yo, What's up? :P

But how can he show you, if he is banned? ..
  8. Punkae

I unbanned him for now, so he can show where and how he got in. If it comes down to it, we'll just have to come to some kind of agreement on it. I know some knockback situations are difficult to replicate, but generally speaking, if it can happen once, it's possible to replicate it (even if it is really hard).

At the end of the day, this is just a tough situation all around. I don't want a person who is innocent of breaking the rules to have a ban on record, but that is the risk people take when they raid in ways that are VERY hard to prove as being legitimate. I don't like the situation and wish I had a perfect answer and solution, but I don't. We'll do our best to handle it as fairly as possible. I really feel bad about the circumstances here though. >_>;
  9. energester

energester ๘ĘήĘŗۜﻖёڴτέя๖ت☻ ┌╦ۜ╤─ Staff Member Moderator

Ben I never asked you to show me I asked if you could show a non Eden mod. Then you said Ill show you from where. You showed where So Myself, Master, Bigbone, and Darrington tried to replicate the knockback. Standing in the water and on the platform to no avail. Even using punch 3 bows and trying double knockback. The way the wall was setup is waiting to be replicated so you can try and show your legal entry. I didnt want to see anyone innocent banned. This is how its always been done, raiders are expected to show how they got in and raided something. If a player is raided he/she can make a ticket saying no visible entry. Then the raider has to show how they got in to a non bias mod.

No you didnt even steal anything that is worth anything or that I care about whatever crap you stole. But if your going to raid someone it doesnt matter what you stole you still have to prove it was legal. People have raided and tried to raid in Eden many many times. You arnt being banned because you raided eden/ener.. Its not obvious in this case and I do think with lag a double knockback could be possible but you would have to prove your entry I guess. Darrington answered a ticket that was made in town where you placed levers randomly on the floor. I was on so I showed him where you said you got in. where and he further investigated and we tried to knockback in over and over but couldnt. So He gave you time to come on and help with the investigation but you havent been on and Drag never came forward until now.

Its not like anyone hates you or is trying to get you in trouble or trying to get revenge on you or anything.
    KiadajTheBeast likes this.