B_enjamin

Discussion in 'Ban Threads' started by Darrington, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Darrington

Darrington ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) <SuperMod> Staff Member SuperMod

Ban Reason: Illegal Raid on Eden
    Server: Phoenix Survival (? Edit by Cass - originally said build)
    Ban Duration: 72 hour ban
    Ban Details: Sent him a Forum PM requesting details on how he entered into Eden. Gave him 1 week to reply or face a ban. No reply.
    Attending Staff: Darrington
    Ticket Reference: 216
    Additional Action: RB completed
    Infraction: 1st Ban

B_enjamin

Broken Rules:
    • Illegal Raid
    If you wish to appeal this ban, you may do so below. Our appeal process is as follows:
    • Admit what you did was wrong.
    • Apologize for what you did that broke the rules.
    • Tell us how you will avoid getting in trouble in the future.
  2. Dragonern3

Dragonern3 Yo, What's up? :P

Sigh... He already explained this to Ener, he even told Ener where and how..so.. You should unban him :/
  3. Punkae

Punkae Moody goth, artist, writer, insomniac Staff Member [______________________]

Okay if this is the case and the raid in question was legal, he will be unbanned immediately upon word from energester.

I'll be checking the forums once or twice more before I sleep. Hopefully ener is around soon, as I'd like to not leave B_enjamin banned for something if it wasn't wrong. Please keep me posted - TAG ME in replies to this! <3
  4. Darrington

Ener and I discussed it last weekend... Ener said that Ben told him that he used KB to get in and showed him at what point. However, after vigorous repeated testing by players experienced with KB... I deemed there NO way to KB vertically to the height of the wall. I didn't ban Ben right away in order to give Ben a chance to defend himself before being banned. I gave him plenty of time to respond.

The Ban stands unless Ben spoke further with Ener and proved to him it was legal.
    KiadajTheBeast likes this.
  5. Punkae

Punkae Moody goth, artist, writer, insomniac Staff Member [______________________]

Perhaps try to have Benjamin replicate the method he used for you if you haven't already? I remember back in the day, Dregamus almost got banned for something similar because none of us could get in using the method he claimed to have used. However, upon showing us, we learned that what he said was in fact possible with a very specific and time consuming method.

I understand that you guys did work toward determining if this was a legit raid via knockback, but if Ben REALLY did knockback in using legit knockback and some kind of legal fancy magic, we should find out about it and understand it if possible, and in this case, I don't want us to be the meanie poo staff team that bans a player when he was playing by the rules. <3
  6. energester

energester ๘ĘήĘŗۜﻖёڴτέя๖ت☻ ┌╦ۜ╤─ Staff Member Moderator

I wanted to give him a chance to show how he got in for the same reason Cass. I just guess he hasnt been on.
  7. Punkae

I saw he was on for a few minutes the other day, but by the time I was actually in game, he had left. I know this is a busy time of year for students restarting highschool/college, so I guess maybe he's just busy with his life. Hopefully we can catch up with him soon! :)
  8. Dragonern3

But.. i remember he show someone that.. i know it was Ener.. and Ener said.. ohh why is those blocks out in the water here?
    because he was going over the wall from some blocks who was placed in the water for a long time ago..
  9. Darrington

That was the intention of giving him time to defend himself and prove his entry.

During our testing, Ener even placed blocks in the water next to the wall.
  10. Dragonern3

I need to say..
    i dont see the point of this.. Ben raied Eden.. and because it was Eden he got banned because he needs to show how? Why do he need to show how? then he cant use it again.. it's really unfair.. if this would be a small house or something, everyone would be like... so?

Because this is Eden he needs to show how, where and when.. and then he cant use it anymore because Ener will fix it.. :mad:
  11. Punkae

This is a normal part of the questionable raid process.

It is not necessary for Ben to show Ener how he got in, since Ener is party to the raided town.

However, if there is a raid that is under question, proving the legal entry is the ONLY way to validate the legality of the raid. Surely you must understand that without this, there would be no way to sort out which questionable raids are legal from those that arent.
    Darrington likes this.
  12. Dragonern3

Well.. i can tell it was legal.. because i was the guy helping him over the wall... >_> And now he is banned because Darr didn't get his answer? :mad:
  13. Punkae

Okay, I can see you are upset by this. If you were there helping, then you should be able to show ANY of our staff how it was done. Replicate it, and it shall be removed from his infractions list, and we will apologize for an unnecessary and mistaken ban.

People you can show this to if you are opposed to showing energester:

Myself
    Darrington
    masterw3
    KiadajTheBeast
    hk47113513
    Sairivon

If I have missed anyone, I am truly sorry! :)
  14. Dragonern3

Come on the server and i will show you ;)
  15. Punkae

I cannot right at this moment because I am doing work that earns me money (In-between answering posts on the forums, apparently). I will be available in several hours. If that does not work for you, hopefully one of the other staff is around for you to show while you're on today. :)
  16. Darrington

Fyi.. I spoke with Drag via Ts. He explained that a KB 2 sword was used. B_en was Jumping when being hit twice with the sword. Was also advised that higher latency connections had played a part in the double sword hit and that duplicating the event is impossible with our good connections and nearly impossible with their bad connections. I advised that I'll do some research on using KB while lagging.
  17. Kalanbel

Kalanbel Outdoor Enthusiast, Young at Heart Premod

Not true..... it's all about the testing... if it's not shown to be legal, doesn't matter how big the place.
    Punkae likes this.
  18. Dragonern3

My point with that is.. this have been blown up to a big issue, and 1 active player have been banned.. and i dosen't think that would happend if this was a diffrent house he raieded....
    footiefever5 likes this.
  19. Punkae

This is absolutely, 100% untrue. We treat all bans with equal care and the same process. We treat all players with the same respect and do our duties as staff fairly.

The fact that it was a town rather than someone's home does not affect how the issue was handled.
    Darrington likes this.
  20. Dragonern3

How can you say that you respect the player if he gets banned because he didn"t answer the message.. If you would respect him, you would belive him and ask him on server and not ban him first.. And im saying this is a big thing because it was Ener & Eden and not a normal player..